Law Practice Areas
Adler Law Group is a boutique law firm that provides legal counsel on Innovation & Creative Content. These are the single most important drivers of shareholder value creation and competitive advantage. To address these areas, the core of our practice is organized around 5 major substantive areas of law:
Please take a moment to explore our areas of expertise and discover how we differ in the way we service our clients.
Whether you are an artist, an entrepreneur, a small investor, or a multimillion-dollar corporation, you will receive the responsive attention essential to succeed in business in today's environment. We assist businesses in drafting, negotiating, interpreting and enforcing contracts, leases, licenses, agreements, or other business forms. Extensive and detail-oriented corporate skills are the basis of all the high-quality work performed by the firm. Some of the areas in which we offer expertise include:
- Drafting agreements for an Internet-related business: Design (specific issues such as the creation, maintenance and ownership of Web Site content, hyperlinks, Web Site aesthetics and functionality), Hosting and Service, including establishing for ownership, distribution rights, and related intellectual property rights (trademark/copyright) to online content;
- Assisting in developing business plans, securing financing and defining relationships with multiple entities in joint venture arrangements;
- Registering domestic and foreign trademarks and service marks; advising on current policies regarding Internet domain name registration disputes, foreign domain name registration, trademark infringement, and copyright violations, Web Site disclaimers and embedded clickable licenses to assist online clients to protect their intellectual property; past accomplishments include federal trademark registration of a foreign owned "Dot-Com" trademark;
- Negotiating and drafting various agreements regarding creation and ownership of creative authorship, rights of publicity, etc.;
- Negotiating and drafting cooperative Internet cross-marketing agreements with particular emphasis on online advertising issues such as quantity, quality and placement of rotational online display image ads; trademarked names, consumer privacy; government regulation, and standard financial and legal terms and conditions;
- Analyzing and negotiating employment and consulting agreements for various industries including the telecommunications and wire and cable manufacturing industries;
- Commercial lease drafting and review; and
- Negotiating, drafting and managing the purchase or sale of a business.
We look forward to the opportunity to discuss any questions you may have regarding the range of business, technology and intellectual property services we offer. Our law office is based in Chicago, Illinois. Please feel free to call us at (866) 734-2568 should you have any questions.