Law Publications and Articles
The following law publications and articles address topics such as ecommerce law, trademark and copyright protection, and intellectual property.
Publications, Presentations & Appearances
(Note: clicking on a link below will open a new window.)
- @ Adler Law Blog
- @ Indie Film Law Blog
- Protecting Original Design: What Every Designer Needs to Know about Copyright, Trademark & Patent Law. San Francisco Design Center San Francisco, CA February 6, 2014.
- "Social Marketing: Trend in Behavioral Advertising" Speaker at Inside Social Marketing Conference, New York, NY, December 3-4, 2013.
- "Owning Design: Protecting Original Design in an Age of Knock-Offs" Panelist during Fall Market at the Decoration & Design Building, New York, NY October 2, 2013. #DDBFallMarket #DDBMarket.
- "The Regulatory Landscape of Mobile Payment and Commerce" Panelist at Mobile Commerce World, June 24-26, 2013 San Francisco, CA. Presentation available soon.
- "Managing Risk: Legal Issues for Merchants & Affiliate Managers," presentation to Affiliate Management Days 2013 - San Francisco, CA April 17, 2013.
- "Social Media in Marketing and the Workplace: Legal and Regulatory Compliance" Presenter at RSA Conference 2013 USA, San Francisco, CA, February 26, 2013.
- Lawyers take their practices to the stage, TV - and the conference room - Chicago Lawyer Magazine Feb. 01, 2013.
- Fashion Law: Protecting Brands and Designs Article featured in Landslide, the Magazine of the Intellectual Property Section of The American Bar Assoc. Vol. 5, No. 3 Jan/Feb 2013.
- NBI's E-Commerce for Business Attorneys: Ensuring Compliance, Avoiding Liabilities, Teleconference on Friday, December 07, 2012.
- "CLOUD COMPUTING LEGAL RISKS & STRATEGIES" at Technology Convergence Conference 2013, Santa Clara, CA.
- "FaceBook Marketing Legal & Regulatory Compliance" Presenter at AllFacebook Marketing Conference, San Francisco, CA June 28-29, 2012. Presentation available here.
- "Law & Social Data" Presenter at Techweek Chicago 2012, June 24, 2012 Presentation available here.
- "Social Media Legal & Regulatory Compliance" Presenter at @Midwest, Normal, IL June 21, 2012.
- Social Media "Venture Heaven" Venture Capital in Social Media & Mobile Applications Panelist at Converge Silicon Valley 2012, Silicon Valley, CA, June 4, 2012.
- "Social Media in Marketing and the Workplace: Legal and Regulatory Compliance" Presenter at RSA Conference 2012 USA, San Francisco, CA, March 1, 2012.
- "The legal Side of Privacy and Social Media" Presenter at Socialize Toronto, Toronto Ontario, January 27, 2012
- "How Technology is Changing the Music Industry" Arts Law Colloquium Series, DePaul College of Law Chicago, IL November 15, 2011.
- "Legal Guidelines for Online Video Marketing" Rocky Mountain Video Expo, Denver CO, October 19, 2011.
- "Facebook Marketing: Legal & Regulatory Compliance" Presenter at AF Expo, San Francisco, CA, June 29, 2011.
- "Marketing, Branding & Trademarks," Presenter at RBMA Radiology Summit 2011, New Orleans, LA, June 6, 2011.
- "Social Media Marketing: Legal & Regulatory Compliance" Presenter at Socialize: Monetizing Social Media, New York, NY, April 1, 2011.
- "Pay for Praise" Entrepreneur Magazine, June 2010.
- "Tell-All Author Claims Oprah's Influence Led to Media Blackballing" Fox Television News
- "Monetizing Original Media: Broadband, Viral, Episodic Programming, Content & Advertising" Panelist at Digital Hollywood Spring, Santa Monica, CA May 3-6, 2010.
- "The Oprah Winfrey Litigation: What Affiliate Marketers MUST Know" Panelist at Search Engine Strategies Conference, Chicago, IL December 9, 2009.
- "Branding Issues for Business" Workshop presented to City of Chicago Dept. of Bus. Affairs & Licensing, Chicago, IL June 12, 2009.
- "Web 2.0 Legal Risks: Protecting Your Brand On The Internet," Int'l Assoc. of Contract & Commercial Mgmt., Ask the Expert Webinar, Jan. 22, 2009.
- "Intellectual Property & Trademark Issues: What SEMs Should Know" presentation to Search Engine Strategies conference, Chicago, IL December 7, 2008.
- "Practical Copyright & Trademark Guidance for Webmasters and SEMs," presentation to Search Engine Strategies conference, New York, NY February 28, 2006.
- "Intellectual Property Law for Transactional Attorneys: Internet Issues" Continuing Legal Education seminar for the Chicago Bar Association (CBA), Chicago, IL February 17, 2004.
- "Servicing the Entrepreneur: Intellectual Property," CLE presentation to CBA, February 11, 2004.
- "A Lawyer’s Guide for Internet Marketing - Navigating ethical requirements for advertising and communicating online." CBA Record, anticipated publication, Spring 2002.
- "Ecommerce Legal Issues for Businesses" presented to the Elgin Chamber of Commerce, Elgin, Illinois, January 10, 2002.
- "Legal Aspects of Ecommerce: Securing Ecommerce – Survey of Current Issues." presented to Chicago Bar Association, Solo and Small Firm subcommittee meeting of the Corporation and Business Law Section, November 12th, 2001.
- "Browsing Through Cyberlaw – Trends in Technology Law: Legal and Ethical Obligations For Online Marketing and Communications." Presentation to Chicago Bar Association, March 14th, 2001.
- "Representing Small Business in Illinois," presentation to the Illinois State Bar Association, April 12th, 2000.
- "Major Issues Related to Web-Site Privacy," presentation to the Metropolitan Business Alliance, Chicago, Illinois, March 16, 2000.
- Businesses Set Sites on E-Branded Domain Names, www.lawyers.com, May 17, 1999.
We look forward to the opportunity to discuss any questions you may have regarding the range of business, technology and intellectual property services we offer. Our law office is based in Chicago, Illinois. Please feel free to call us at (866) 734-2568 should you have any questions.